DGL Group is recalling Hover-1 Superfly Hoverboards due to the hazards of falling and getting injured. This recall applies to the English, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese versions. Only Hover-1 Superfly Hoverboards, with the product name written as Hover-1 Superfly Hoverboards, are affected by this recall at this time. The hazard arises from a software malfunction in the electrical system that allows the motor to keep providing assistance and momentum even when the rider is not actively controlling the hoverboard. This poses a risk of falling and injury.
The recommended remedy for this issue is repair. The recall was initiated on May 19, 2022, and approximately 93,000 units were affected.
To obtain further assistance, consumers can contact DGL’s customer service between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday. Consumers can visit the website https://www.hover-1.com/pages/important-safety-information or www.dglusa.com and navigate to the “Safety Recall” section to submit a repair request.
The recall encompasses the following details. The affected product is the 2020 model of Hover-1 Superfly Hoverboards, specifically the H1-SPFY model. These hoverboards were exclusively sold in black color with blue LED lights on the deck near the foot pads. The front of the hoverboard bears the brand name “Hover-1.” The recalled hoverboards have serial numbers starting with SPFY-BLK-GO-2008, SPFY-BLK-GO-2009, or SPFY-BLK-GO-2010. The bottom of the hoverboard, next to the serial number, contains a warning label with the text “H1-SPFY.”
To resolve the issue, consumers are advised to cease using the recalled hoverboards and contact DGL Group for instructions on how to ship the affected units to an authorized repair shop. This service will be provided free of charge.
Regarding incidents and injuries, the company had received 29 reports of a software malfunction that caused the hoverboard to continue providing assistance when the rider was not actively controlling it. Four minor injuries have been reported as a result.
The recalled hoverboards were sold at Best Buy stores nationwide and on Bestbuy.com between October 2020 and October 2021. The price range for these hoverboards was approximately $200.
The importer of the affected hoverboards is DGL Group LTD., located in Edison, New Jersey. The manufacturing of hoverboards took place in China. The recall number associated with this issue is 22-135.
How to File a Lawsuit for Injuries Caused By This Recall
If you or a loved one suffered injuries as a result of the Hover-1 Superfly Hoverboards recall and wish to pursue legal action, here are some steps you may consider:
- Consult our law firm: It’s important to consult with a product injury attorney. They can evaluate the details of your situation and provide legal advice based on their experience and knowledge.
- Gather evidence: Collect all relevant evidence to support your claim. This may include medical records, photographs of your injuries, documentation of the hoverboard purchase, receipts, and any communication with the manufacturer or seller.
- Document your injuries: Keep detailed records of your injuries, including medical bills, treatment plans, and any related expenses. These records will help establish the extent of your damages.
- Determine liability: Your attorney will investigate and determine who may be held liable for your injuries. This may involve examining the manufacturer, distributor, retailer, or other parties involved in the production and sale of the hoverboards.
- Assess damages: Work with your attorney to calculate the damages you have suffered as a result of the injuries caused by the defective hoverboard. This may include medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and any other relevant losses.
- Negotiate or file a lawsuit: Your attorney will guide you through the process of negotiating a settlement with the responsible party or filing a lawsuit if a fair resolution cannot be reached. They will handle the legal procedures and represent your interests throughout the legal process.
Remember, each case is unique, and the specific legal requirements and procedures may vary depending on your jurisdiction. It’s crucial to consult with an experienced attorney who can provide tailored advice based on your circumstances.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Be sure to get the legal help you need for your product injury case. Contact Parker Waichman, LLP today by calling their toll-free number 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529). Their experienced product liability attorneys are standing by to provide a free case evaluation and help you take the first steps toward obtaining the justice and compensation you deserve.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation