Car Accident Attorneys in Staten Island, NY
The Staten Island vehicle accident attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP can investigate your potential claim today to see if you qualify to file a car accident lawsuit. We have experience litigating a wide variety of accident claims and have a track record of obtaining tremendous results for our clients. If you were or your loved one has been involved in a vehicle accident on Staten Island, contact our law office today for a free case consultation.
Causes of Auto Accidents on Staten Island
Vehicle accidents occur because of numerous factors, but more often than not, driver negligence is the primary cause. In our experience, we have found that carelessness behind the wheel makes up the biggest portion of accidents in New York and on Staten Island. Most frequently, Staten Island accidents are caused by the following types of dangerous driver conduct:
- Speeding or driving in excess of posted speed limits
- Reckless driving, such as changing lanes without looking
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving, such as reading emails or sending texts while driving
- Fatigued driving or driving while extremely drowsy
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Failure to obey or observe traffic laws/signals
People involved in speeding accidents, drunk driving accidents, and distracted driving accidents are more likely to have serious injuries and to require longer, more expensive medical treatment for their injuries. Parker Waichman LLP can help victims pursue the compensation they need to move forward.
Staten Island Auto Accident Types and Injuries
Even though Staten Island is one of the lesser-populated boroughs in New York, it still sees its share of vehicle accidents each year. Every two months on Staten Island, according to recent data from the New York State Department of Health, two people die in traffic-related crashes. In the same time period, 53 people on Staten Island are hospitalized with vehicle accident injuries, and nearly 350 people are treated in emergency departments.
In the year 2014, a total of 12 people died due to vehicle crashes on Staten Island, 319 people were hospitalized, and 2,062 people had to be treated in an emergency department for accident-related injuries.
The accidents themselves on Staten Island can usually be described as one of the following:
- Rear-end collisions – Generally occur when one vehicle slams into the back of another, either because of inattention or following too closely.
- T-bone crashes – Often occur when one driver runs a stop sign or red light and crashes into a car traveling in another direction with the right-of-way.
- Side-swipe collisions – Usually happen when one driver loses control or swerves and collides with the side of another car.
- Rollover accidents – Often involve higher speeds and more forceful impacts that send one or more vehicles into a rolling motion.
- Multi-car crashes – Usually occur in a chain-reaction effect, where one car starts a series of collisions by forcefully slamming into another vehicle or by blocking oncoming traffic after the initial collision.
Vehicle accidents on Staten Island not only inflict physical and emotional damage, but they also place families under financial pressure.
Vehicle crashes on Staten Island in 2014 resulted in a total of $19 million in hospital and emergency department charges for injury treatment. The average hospitalization because of a vehicle accident on Staten Island costs more than $42,000, and the average emergency department bill runs almost $3,000. These are costs most families cannot bear. Our firm steps in to help people suffering from the physical and financial effects of Staten Island vehicle accidents.
Parker Waichman’s Auto Accident Claims Process
Our accident case intake process is simple and stress-free. We know hiring a lawyer and filing a lawsuit can seem overwhelming, but our job is to guide you through all the procedures, making sure your questions are always answered. We start ensuring your peace of mind right when you call our office by implementing a quick, straightforward sign-up process.
Signing up your Staten Island auto accident case will only take a few steps:
- Your initial phone call or email. As soon as you call our office or complete a contact form on our website, you have started your case in motion. You will be able to speak with a compassionate member of the Parker Waichman LLP team, who will gather preliminary information about your case and connect you with an experienced Staten Island attorney.
- Follow-up/Review with an attorney. Soon after your first call with our firm, you will have the opportunity to follow up with a skilled auto accident lawyer. Your lawyer will review your claim and start discussing potential options for moving forward. Your consult with Parker Waichman’s lawyers will not be limited to a few rushed minutes like some firms. We want to make sure you have had the time to ask all your questions and obtain all the accident information you need for your case.
- Sign-up paperwork. If after speaking with a lawyer, both you and our firm are prepared to move forward with your claim, we will send you a couple of documents that will allow us to begin a thorough investigation of your claims. This will include a contract and a medical authorization, so our attorneys can obtain your medical treatment records. You will have ample time to talk with our staff and lawyers about the terms of your contract, as we pride ourselves on honest, transparent representation. We want you to feel completely comfortable with the entire case process.
After these easy steps, our lawyers will jump into an extensive investigation of your claims to uncover all the facts and present you with the best legal options for you and your family.
Contact Parker Waichman LLP for Your Free, No Obligation Case Review
Parker Waichman’s skilled Staten Island accident attorneys offer case consultations at no cost to potential clients. Take advantage of this no-risk offer today and contact our law firm to evaluate your accident injury claim.
If you were or a loved one was injured in an automobile accident on Staten Island, contact Parker Waichman LLP today for a free consultation by filling out our online form or by calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation
Have you or a loved one been injured in a car accident in Staten Island?Click To Get A Free Case Review