Car Accident Attorneys on Staten Island, NY
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, the Staten Island vehicle accident attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP can investigate your potential claim today to see if you qualify to file a car accident lawsuit. We have experience litigating a wide variety of accident claims and have a track record of success obtaining compensation for our clients. If you or your loved one has been involved in a vehicle accident on Staten Island, contact our law office today for a free case consultation with a qualified Staten Island car accident lawyer.
Causes of Auto Accidents on Staten Island
Vehicle accidents occur because of numerous factors, but more often than not, driver negligence is the primary cause. In our experience, we have found that carelessness behind the wheel makes up the biggest portion of accidents in New York and on Staten Island in particular. Most frequently, Staten Island accidents are caused by the following types of dangerous driver conduct:
- Reckless driving, such as changing lanes without looking
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Distracted driving, such as reading emails or sending texts while driving
- Fatigued driving
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Failure to obey traffic laws/signals
People involved in speeding accidents, drunk driving accidents, and distracted driving accidents are more likely to have serious injuries and to require longer, more expensive medical treatment for their injuries. Parker Waichman can help victims pursue the compensation they need to move forward with their lives after a devastating injury.
Staten Island Auto Accident Types and Injuries
Even though Staten Island may not be the most populated borough of New York City, it still sees its share of vehicle accidents each year. Every two months on Staten Island, according to recent data from the New York State Department of Health, two people die in traffic-related crashes. In the same time period, 53 people on Staten Island are hospitalized with vehicle accident injuries, and nearly 350 people are treated at emergency departments. The need for good legal advice and representation in these cases is high.
In 2014, a total of 12 people died due to vehicle crashes on Staten Island, 319 people were hospitalized, and 2,062 people had to be treated in an emergency department for accident-related injuries. With a good car accident lawyer, Staten Island, NY, residents received compensation in many of these cases.
The accidents on Staten Island can usually be described as one of the following:
- Rear-End Collisions: These generally occur when one vehicle slams into the back of another, either because of inattention or following too closely.
- T-Bone Crashes: Often, these occur when one driver runs a stop sign or red light and crashes into a car traveling in another direction with the right-of-way.
- Sideswipe Collisions: This type of crash usually happens when one driver loses control or swerves and collides with the side of another car.
- Rollover Accidents: Often, these involve higher speeds and more forceful impacts that send one or more vehicles into a rolling motion.
- Multi-Car Crashes: These usually occur in a chain-reaction effect, where one car starts a series of collisions by forcefully slamming into another vehicle or by blocking oncoming traffic after the initial collision.
Vehicle accidents on Staten Island not only inflict physical and emotional damage, but they also place families under financial pressure. By hiring experienced auto accident attorneys, Staten Island residents can often find relief.
Vehicle crashes on Staten Island in 2014 resulted in a total of $19 million in hospital and emergency department charges for injury treatment. The average hospitalization because of a vehicle accident on Staten Island costs more than $42,000, and the average emergency department bill runs almost $3,000. These are costs most families cannot bear without the help of a car accident attorney. Staten Island accident victims should know that our firm is here to help people suffering from the physical and financial effects that can accompany Staten Island vehicle accidents.
How to Get Skilled Representation for Your Auto Accident Claims
Our accident case intake process is simple and stress-free. We know that hiring a lawyer and filing a lawsuit can seem overwhelming, but our job is to make it as easy as possible, guiding you through all of the procedures and making sure that your questions are always answered. We start ensuring your peace of mind right away. When you call our office, we implement a quick, straightforward sign-up process and offer a free consultation with an auto accident lawyer. Staten Island residents should contact us right away for the best prospects of getting compensation.
Signing up your Staten Island auto accident case will only take a few steps:
- Your Phone Call or Email: As soon as you call our office or complete our online contact form, you have set your case in motion. You will be able to speak with a compassionate member of the Parker Waichman team who will gather preliminary information about your case and connect you with an experienced Staten Island attorney.
- Follow-Up/Review With an Attorney: Soon after your first contact with our firm, you will have the opportunity to follow up with a skilled auto accident lawyer. Your Staten Island car accident lawyer will review your claim and start discussing potential options for moving forward. Your consultation with Parker Waichman’s lawyers will not be limited to a few rushed minutes like some firms do. We want to make sure you have had the time to ask all of your questions and obtain all of the information you need.
- Sign-Up Paperwork: If both you and our firm are prepared to move forward with your claim after you speak with our lawyer, we will send you a couple of documents that will allow us to begin a thorough investigation of your claims. This will include a retainer agreement and a medical authorization, so our attorneys can obtain your medical treatment records. You will have ample time to talk with our staff and lawyers about the terms of your agreement, as we pride ourselves on honest, transparent representation. We want you to feel completely comfortable with the entire process. When it comes to establishing a good relationship with a qualified car accident lawyer, Staten Island, NY, residents should know that meeting your needs is our top priority.
After these easy steps, our lawyers will jump into an extensive investigation of your claims to uncover all of the facts and present you with the best legal options for you and your family.
Contact Parker Waichman for a Free, No-Obligation Case Review
Parker Waichman’s skilled Staten Island accident attorneys offer case consultations at no cost to potential clients. Take advantage of this no-risk offer today and contact our law firm to evaluate your accident injury claim. If you or a loved one have been injured in an automobile accident on Staten Island, contact Parker Waichman by filling out our online form or by calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).