How to Recover Full Compensation For a Xeljanz-Related Thromboembolic Injury or Fatal Lung Clot Lawsuit
The national plaintiffs’ personal injury law firm of Parker Waichman LLP is investigating potential personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits against Pfizer, the maker of Xeljanz, following a new Adverse Reporting System Safety Communication that was published by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. On February 25, 2019, the FDA issued a new consumer alert concerning the Janus kinase inhibitor (“JAK Inhibitor”) Xeljanz. The FDA’s consumer alert stated that a recent clinical trial, “found an increased risk of blood clots in the lungs and death when a 10 mg twice daily dose of tofacitinib (Xeljanz, Xeljanz XR) was used in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA).” The Safety Communication also reported that the FDA had not approved 10 mg of Xeljanz twice a day for patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Through our firm’s research and careful review of the FDA’s consumer alerts concerning Xeljanz, our attorneys have discovered that the number of reported incidents regarding Xeljanz complications are on the rise. This increasing numbers of reported incidents suggests that the issues with this class of medication may be vast because our office deals with the Xeljanz Thromboembolic Injury and Fatal Lung Clot Lawsuit.
Monetary Compensation for Xeljanz Complications
If you or a member of your family suffered complications such as a thromboembolic event, blood clots in the lung, embolisms or if you lost a loved one as a result of their use of Xeljanz, you may be eligible to file a lawsuit seeking substantial monetary damages.
Call Parker Waichman LLP for your free case review by using our Live Chat or by calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529). The time that you have to file your claim is limited by law. Call our Xeljanz lawsuit lawyers right now to learn more about your legal rights and how the claims process works.
What is Xeljanz and Why is the Medication Prescribed?
Xeljanz (tofacitinib) is a prescription medication that is classified as a JAK inhibitor. Xeljanz comes in a pill form and is prescribed to treat patients suffering from the symptoms of psoriatic arthritis, ulcerative colitis, and rheumatoid arthritis. Xeljanz works by hindering overactive Janus kinase proteins within the patient’s body which reduces symptoms such as inflammation and pain.
Who is the Manufacturer of Xeljanz?
The pharmaceutical manufacturer Pfizer manufactures and sells Xeljanz and Xeljanz XR. Pfizer is a publicly traded company with its headquarters located in New York City. Pfizer is one of the largest pharmaceutical manufacturers in the world.
According to Investors.com, global sales of Xeljanz grew by 30% to $326 million in 2018. Xeljanz sales in the United States increased by 19% in 2018.
What Injuries and Complications Have Been Linked to Xeljanz?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Adverse Event Reporting System has numerous reports of thromboembolic injuries linked to patients prescribed Xeljanz and Xeljanz XR. The following are a list of Xeljanz-related injuries, thromboembolic injury events, and fatalities that have been reported by the FDA’s Adverse Event Reporting System.
- Thrombosis – 43 cases (associated with Xeljanz) resulting in 19 hospitalizations in which 2 deaths are suspected.
- Pulmonary thrombosis – 18 cases (linked to Xeljanz) resulting in 16 hospitalizations.
- Pulmonary embolisms – 36 cases (connected to Xeljanz) resulting in 25 hospitalizations of which 4 deaths are suspected.
- Deep vein thrombosis – 18 cases (related to Xeljanz) resulting in 11 hospitalizations of which 3 deaths are suspected.
Dangerous Symptoms & Side Effects – Seek Immediate Medical Attention!
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is warning healthcare providers and their patients of the dangerous and potentially deadly reactions to Xeljanz (tofacitinib). The FDA is urging patients who are experiencing the following symptoms of a blood clot in their lung(s) to seek immediate emergency medical attention:
- Back pain
- Coughing up blood
- Pain in the chest
- Bluish-colored, clammy skin
- Sudden difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Excessive sweating
If you or a loved one are taking Xeljanz (tofacitinib), it is imperative that you speak with your doctor about these potential risks and dangerous side effects. If you or a loved one is suffering from any of these dangerous symptoms, please seek immediate medical attention and advise the physician of the medications you or your loved one is taking along with the potential injuries and complications listed above. If you or your loved one is experiencing any other side effects not provided by the FDA consumer alert, it is advisable that you discuss this with your doctor as soon as possible.
If you or a loved one has experienced any of these dangerous side effects, injuries or if you have lost a loved one due to a Xeljanz-related blog clot or thromboembolic event, you may have the right to pursue monetary damages and receive the legal justice you deserve.
Do I Have Grounds to File a Xeljanz Lawsuit?
Law firms, such as Parker Waichman LLP, are currently investigating claims for potential prosecution of claims resulting from injuries caused by Xeljanz. As of February 26, 2019, there have not been any lawsuits filed against Pfizer for pulmonary embolisms, blood clotting, thromboembolic events or fatalities linked to Xeljanz.
Our national plaintiffs’ personal injury law firm is at the forefront of products liability litigation. Our firm believes that the consumer alerts provided by the U. S. Food and Drug Administration warrant further investigation into potential lawsuits on behalf of injury victims who have been harmed by Xeljanz.
How Much is My Xeljanz Claim Worth?
Each case is different because every Xeljanz claim involves a unique set of circumstances, injuries, and compensatory damages. Also, the knowledge and experience of the law firm representing the victim or the victim’s family may have an impact on your final recovery, if any. At Parker Waichman LLP, our attorneys are litigators. Each case handled by our firm is treated individually and with personalized attention and care. Our defective drug litigation team will fight for your legal rights and work hard to win your case for the full amount of monetary compensation possible. If we can take your case, there is no fee unless we make a financial recovery for you.
Parker Waichman LLP has a history of producing near-unprecedented results for our clients and the families of victims throughout The United States of America. Our national law firm has garnered over $2 billion in settlements and verdicts. Please refer to our Verdicts & Settlements page to view our case results or visit our client reviews page.
The Xeljanz Injury / Wrongful Death Claims Process
At Parker Waichman LLP, our defective drug attorneys understand how you may feel about filing a product liability lawsuit against a large pharmaceutical corporation such as Pfizer. Our national law firm has decades of experience going up against big corporations to make them pay for their wrongdoings.
The process of pursuing justice for you or your loved one’s Xeljanz suffering starts with one short phone call to our office. During your call to our firm, you will speak with a compassionate, caring and knowledgeable attorney who will review your case, answer your questions and help you understand your legal options. After that, if we can take your case and you choose to retain us, your dedicated attorney will review your case to determine your legal rights and options in filing a Xeljanz lawsuit.
The basic process from intake to filing will include all of the following:
With Parker Waichman LLP working your Xeljanz case, you can rest assured knowing that your case is being managed by qualified and experienced legal professionals who care deeply about their clients. Each member of the Parker Waichman LLP team takes pride in our work and work hard to keep you well informed during the pendency of your case. We strive to keep each client knowledgeable and comfortable with the progress of their claim. At our law firm, you are not a file number; you are a person with real loss, pain and suffering.
Why Do So Many Personal Injury Claimants Choose Us?
- We Get Results! Our attorneys will fight hard for you to get you the financial compensation that you deserve. In fact, Parker Waichman LLP is one of only a few law firms in the United States to have recovered over two billion dollars in lawsuit settlements and jury verdicts for personal injury victims.
- No Recovery = No Legal Fees! Parker Waichman LLP provides a free case analysis, and if we are able to take your case, we will represent you on a “contingency fee basis.” A “contingency fee basis” means that you pay nothing unless we win your case. If we successfully win a monetary recovery on your behalf, we collect a portion of your recovery as a legal fee. This legal fee is statutorily set by state law.
- Experience! Experience is the most valuable skill that an attorney can bring to your injury case. You should choose a law firm that has successfully represented numerous clients in a defective drug case like yours. The defective drug lawyers at Parker Waichman LLP have extensive experience in federal and state courts. Our attorneys’ experience, skills, and judgment are second to none.
- Reputation! Choose the law firm that other law firms choose. The legal professionals at Parker Waichman LLP are highly regarded within the legal community and have been recognized by our colleagues, judges, defense lawyers, insurance adjusters and most importantly, our former clientele. Parker Waichman LLP has been awarded a “Preeminent Lawyers” AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®, a company that for more than 100 years has rated attorneys across the United States based on feedback from judges and our peers.
Our Firm’s Awards & Recognitions
Our law firm is extremely proud of our accomplishments both inside and outside of the courtroom. We have worked hard for many decades to establish a reputation for superior legal representation and trust. Here are a few of our recent honors and achievements:
- A near-perfect rating of 4.9 out of 5.0 from over 150 reviews on Google.
- Martindale-Hubbell’s top score of AV. (Martindale-Hubbell has rated attorneys for over 100 years, and the rating is based on feedback from judges and other attorneys.)
- A perfect 5 out of 5 rating from LawDragon.
- Recognition as a “Best Lawyer” in the notable Best Lawyers annual publication.
- And a “Top 100 Verdicts” listing on Top Verdicts.
Parker Waichman LLP is Reviewing Xeljanz Injury and Fatal Complication Cases
Parker Waichman LLP is reviewing cases involving Xeljanz-related injuries on behalf of victims and their families. When you contact us to speak with one of our defective drug injury lawyers, you will receive a thorough and completely confidential case evaluation at no cost to you.
Filing a Defective Drug Injury Claim Against the Makers of Xeljanz
Time to recover compensation is limited by law. Parker Waichman LLP is a nationally recognized drug litigation law firm who represents patients harmed by dangerous, defective medications. Parker Waichman LLP has recovered over $2 billion in compensation for its clients, and we will fight hard for you. Our team of products liability litigators has the experience to take on the big pharmaceutical companies on your behalf.
If Xeljanz has harmed you or a member of your family, and you are interested in filing a lawsuit to recover monetary compensation, contact Parker Waichman LLP by calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529) for your free case review today.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation
Have you or a loved one suffered complications, or injuries following the use of Xeljanz?Click To Get A Free Case Review