Car Accident Lawyers in Manhattan, New York
Living or working in Manhattan, you have probably become aware that car accidents occur at alarming rates in the city. The attorneys at Parker Waichman LLP represent victims of accidents and their families to ensure they receive adequate compensation. Car accident cases occur in numerous different ways and at various locations in the city, but some areas have higher numbers of accidents than others.
The following roads and intersections are considered some of the most dangerous in Manhattan because of the number of traffic accidents that take place in these areas each year:
- Upper Broadway
- Henry Hudson Parkway
- West Street
- Amsterdam Avenue
- Second Avenue
- Seventh Avenue
- First Avenue
- Intersection of Canal and Mott Street
- Intersection of East 96th Street and Third Avenue
- Intersection of Lafayette Street and Canal Street
- Intersection of East 30th Street and Third Avenue
- Intersection of East 62nd Street and First Avenue
Out of this group of streets and intersections, Upper Broadway and Henry Hudson Parkway are especially treacherous and account for the greatest amount of car accidents each year. If you were involved in an accident on one of the above streets or at one of the intersections, contact Parker Waichman LLP today to have an attorney review your potential legal claim.
What Makes a Street Dangerous?
Several factors contribute to a street or intersection landing on the most-dangerous list. Often it is a combination of things that make it difficult for drivers to see or remain in control of their vehicles. Some of the contributors include:
1. Speed Limits – Streets with higher speed limits tend to have more accidents. When drivers are traveling at higher rates of speed, it is easier to lose control and more difficult to regain control.
2. Visibility – Winding roads or poor lighting on the street can make it difficult for drivers to see other cars coming or to know when there is another car in their way. Sometimes, drivers won’t see a car until it’s too late to avoid an accident.
3. Traffic Signals – Traffic lights and stop signs regulate the flow of traffic on streets and can help prevent accidents. When intersections or stretches of road are unregulated, people can more easily get into accidents.
4. Traffic Volume – Areas with more traffic tend to have more accidents. This is true simply because the odds increase, but also because drivers can become reckless when they are stuck in heavy traffic.
5. Engineering – If a road has a lot of twists and turns in it or is laid out confusingly, this can contribute to car accidents. Simpler and straighter streets tend to have fewer crashes.
Parker Waichman LLP’s experienced car accident attorneys advocate for people injured in accidents not only on these roads but across Manhattan and New York state. Our traffic accident attorneys work with victims and their families to provide them the results they need to move forward. We understand car accidents can cause life-altering injuries that also have a significant financial effect on families. Our lawyers work tirelessly to help people receive much-needed compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
Car Accident Injuries in Manhattan
As skilled car accident litigators, we have represented people with a range of injuries caused by Manhattan car accidents. Some victims have injuries severe enough to require ongoing and costly medical treatment, and our lawyers work to secure a settlement or verdict that will cover the financial implications of their injuries and help them care for their families.
Parker Waichman LLP has helped people who have sustained the following types of injuries in Manhattan car accidents:
- Bruises and abrasions
- Broken or dislocated bones/joints
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal bleeding
If you were or a loved one was injured in a car accident in Manhattan, you need an experienced attorney to represent you. Call our law offices today to schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers to begin understanding your options for legal recourse.
Manhattan Car Accident Statute of Limitations
It is important to always consider the New York statute of limitations when you are considering filing a lawsuit. Statutes of limitations are essentially deadlines on filing lawsuits that apply to all cases. The statute of limitations on any given claim will depend on some factors, including:
1. The state in which you were injured;
2. The kind of case you intend to file; and
3. The damages you intend to claim in your lawsuit.
Generally, New York (including Manhattan) has a three-year statute of limitations on car accident claims. However, this three-year time limit does not apply to any claim submissions you make under New York’s No-Fault Law, and the deadline on filing a case in court can change based on the particular circumstances of your case.
To be absolutely sure you are working under the correct deadlines, you need to hire an experienced Manhattan car accident attorney. Parker Waichman LLP performs thorough investigations in every case to understand exactly what claims should be filed in court and what the statute of limitations should apply to each claim. We know when you sign your case with us, you are trusting us to protect your legal rights, and we take that very seriously. You can count on our lawyers to diligently assign and monitor important deadlines in your case.
If you have been injured in a Manhattan car accident, contact Parker Waichman LLP today to speak with an attorney about your potential legal claims.
Contact Parker Waichman LLP
Parker Waichman LLP offers no-obligation consultations at absolutely no cost to clients. We quickly review claims to see if we can move forward with a full investigation because we recognize that you require timely answers about your potential case. Time could be limited on your ability to file a case in court, so do not delay in contacting our offices to discuss your case with an attorney.
Have you been injured in an accident in Manhattan?Click To Get A Free Case Review
If you or your loved one are injured in a car accident in Manhattan, contact our firm for your free consultation by filling by calling 1-800-YOURLAWYER (1-800-968-7529) or filling out our contact form.