BELLEVILLE- The MadisonRecord.com reports that the daughter of a man who died from lung cancer has filed a lawsuit against a number of companies for allegedly exposing the man to asbestos fibers. The lawsuit was filed by Shannon Geiser who is the special administrator of Gary Geisler’s estate.
The defendants include Vermont Talc, Cooper Industries, and Ameron International.
The complaint alleges that Gary Geisler was exposed to asbestos fibers from some of the products that the defendants manufacture. Geisler died in 2016 after being diagnosed with lung cancer. According to the plaintiff, the defendants named in the lawsuit did not adequately warn about the dangers of asbestos-containing products, nor did they provide proper instructions for working around asbestos-containing products.
The plaintiff is seeking damages for compensatory and economic losses and other relief deemed appropriate by the court.
Recently, many asbestos lawsuits have been filed against manufacturers of talc-containing products. Johnson & Johnson has faced a number of lawsuits over claims that the company’s talc-containing products, such as baby powder and Shower to Shower were contaminated with asbestos.
Asbestos and talc are both minerals that form in the ground. When talc is mined, it is sometimes taken from places where asbestos exists. In these cases, the talc powder can become contaminated with fibers of asbestos. Asbestos is known to be dangerous to humans and can cause many different serious health conditions, including mesothelioma, a severe form of lung cancer.
Talc-based products have also come under scrutiny after women started filing talc cancer lawsuits claiming that talc products caused them to develop ovarian cancer.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation
More Talcum powder lawsuit resources:
- Talcum Powder Cancer Lawsuit Lawyers
- Is baby powder (talcum powder) safe to use?
- Does talcum powder cause mesothelioma?
- How does talc cause cancer?
- Can baby powder cause cancer?
- What is the talcum powder lawsuit statute of limitations?
- Does Johnson & Johnson baby powder contain asbestos?
- Talcum Powder Health Risks in Women: Dangers of Talc in Baby Powder
- What could a talcum powder lawsuit settlement amount be?
- What are talcum powder lawsuit criteria?
- How to file Johnson & Johnson baby powder lawsuit in 2020?
- Talcum Powder and Uterine Cancer Linked in JJ Lawsuit
- New Jersey Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer MDL Continues to Grow