Talcum Powder Lawsuit critiria:
- If you have used Talcum powder on a regular basis for 5 years or longer and developed mesothelioma or ovarian cancer you may qualify for a talcum powder lawsuit.
- A positive biopsy showing evidence of talcum powder must be present.
- Women must not have the BRCA 1 or BRCA 2 gene that would predispose her to ovarian cancer.
Since talcum powder is sold on the shelves, there is no pharmacy record when purchased. Testimony of regular use by the plaintiff suffering with cancer caused by talcum powder or from their surviving family members is often all that is needed to prove exact product identification.
Lawsuits have been filed against talcum powder manufacturers by patients themselves and also by patient’s families suffering from ovarian or mesothelioma cancer caused by talcum powder.
Video source: What is the criteria for a talcum powder lawsuit?
Do You Have Talc-Powder-Related Questions?
Fill in the form below and Jerry will do his best to personally reply to your email!
What is the criteria for a Talcum powder lawsuit?
Criteria for a talcum powder lawsuit is that if you use talcum powder on a regular basis for a period of time and generally it’s five years or longer and you develop mesothelioma or ovarian cancer then you may qualify for talcum powder.
Once we receive information from a potential client regarding a talcum powder lawsuit inquiry the next inquiry from us is have you been diagnosed with mesothelioma? Have you been diagnosed with ovarian cancer?
And if you were, where can we get those records that show that one of the disqualifiers is if you have the BRACA one or BRACA two genes as those two genes would pre-depose you to ovarian cancer and Johnson & Johnson most certainly will be pointing to those BRACA one or BRACA two genes in a particular client saying that’s what caused the ovarian cancer it’s not our talcum powder.
So if a client does have BRACA one or BRACA two genes in most cases that’s the case that we’re probably not going to pursue there could be an extenuating circumstance but generally that’s the disqualifier. As we all know talcum powder is sold everywhere I think we just mentioned it was sold in dollar general or Walmart or it could be sold in in a Publix or or in any kind of food store therefore there’s not going to be a record of the client’s purchase of the product unlike a drug where you need a prescription.
Talcum powder you don’t need a prescription. If you talk about it you can go to any store and just buy it as you would buy a can of tomato sauce therefore how do you establish that used Johnson & Johnson’s talcum powder well your testimony.You state that that’s the product you use Johnson & Johnson’s baby powder Johnson & Johnson’s shower to shower. Whatever the product was that you used you testified to it if unfortunately that person has passed away family and friends who have that level of knowledge to testify that’s what the client had bought, that’s the product the client used.
They might even have a remaining container of the Johnson & Johnson product in the house that would be evidence of the product that they used. Lawsuits concerning talcum powder have been filed not only by the patients themselves lawsuits have been filed against talcum powder manufacturers including Johnson & Johnson by the patients or in the case that the patient passed away the user passed away the family.
Talk With One of Our Talcum Powder Lawsuit Lawyers Today
If you would like to discuss your case with one of our attorneys, feel free to contact us to schedule your free case consultation. Call us today at 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529) or fill out our online contact form.
More Talcum powder lawsuit resources:
- Is baby powder (talcum powder) safe to use?
- Does talcum powder cause mesothelioma?
- How does talc cause cancer?
- Can baby powder cause cancer?
- What is the talcum powder lawsuit statute of limitations?
- Does Johnson & Johnson baby powder contain asbestos?
- Talcum Powder Health Risks in Women: Dangers of Talc in Baby Powder
- What could a talcum powder lawsuit settlement amount be?
- What are talcum powder lawsuit criteria?
- How to file Johnson & Johnson baby powder lawsuit in 2020?
- Talcum Powder and Uterine Cancer Linked in JJ Lawsuit
- New Jersey Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer MDL Continues to Grow