As more side effects of Talc powder are being discovered and baby powder lawsuits are on the rise, more and more questions arise. One of those is whether Talc powder causes lung cancer:
Does Talcum Powder Cause Lung Cancer?
Talc causes mesothelioma which is not exactly a lung cancer but it is still very dangerous.
Lung cancer is developed inside the lungs, mesothelioma which is a cancer that can be caused by talcum powder affects only the tissues that surround the outer part of the lungs the diaphragm and chest cavity it has been determined that talcum powder tainted asbestos can lead to mesothelioma lung cancer.
What are the symptoms of mesothelioma?
Symptoms of mesothelioma shortness of breath, chest pain, difficulty breathing, fluid buildup around the lungs, known as pleural effusion, chronic cough and a dry cough.
What Tests Can Fetermine Mesothelioma?
Here are several tests that you could use to diagnose mesothelioma.
- Tomography scan known as a CT scan
- Positron emission tomography known as a pet scan
- MRI’s magnetic resonance imaging
After those types of imaging tests are used, if the results indicate that you might have mesothelioma, those imaging tests are followed up by biopsies of the tissue or fluid samples from areas where the cancer is suspected to have formed.
A biopsy is actually the only definitive way to diagnose mesothelioma now. You can have a blood test taken because there are certain substances that are found in the blood when a person has mesothelioma but again biopsy is probably the best after it’s warranted by the imaging studies.
Video source: Does talcum powder cause mesothelioma?
Do You Have Talcum-Powder-Related Questions?
Fill in the form below and Jerry will do his best to personally reply to your email!
Talcum Powder and Lung Cancer: FAQ
Does Talcum Powder Cause Lung Cancer?
It has been determined that talcum powder tainted with asbestos can lead to mesothelioma.
While lung cancer is developed inside of the lungs, mesothelioma (a cancer that can be caused by Talcum powder) affects only the tissue that surrounds the outer part of the lungs, diaphragm and chest cavity.
What are the symptoms of Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma is associated with the following symptoms:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Fluid build up around lungs also known as pleura effusion
- Chronic cough
- Dry cough
What tests can determine Mesothelioma?
Mesothelioma can be diagnosed via:
- x ray
- Computed tomography scan (CT scan)
- Positorn Emission Tomography (PET scan)
- Magnetic Resonance Imagine (MRI) scan
- Blood marker tests for high levels of fibula-3 and soluble mesothelia-related peptides which tend to be higher in patients with mesothelioma.
- Biopsies of tissue or fluid samples from the area where the cancer is suspected to have formed. A biopsy is the only definitive way to diagnose mesothelioma.
Talk With One of Our Talcum Powder Lawsuit Lawyers Today
If you would like to discuss your case with one of our attorneys, feel free to contact us to schedule your free case consultation. Call us today at 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529) or fill out our online contact form.
More Talcum powder lawsuit resources:
- Is baby powder (talcum powder) safe to use?
- How does talc cause cancer?
- Can baby powder cause cancer?
- What is the talcum powder lawsuit statute of limitations?
- Does Johnson & Johnson baby powder contain asbestos?
- Talcum Powder Health Risks in Women: Dangers of Talc in Baby Powder
- What could a talcum powder lawsuit settlement amount be?
- What are talcum powder lawsuit criteria?
- How to file Johnson & Johnson baby powder lawsuit in 2020?
- Talcum Powder and Uterine Cancer Linked in JJ Lawsuit
- New Jersey Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer MDL Continues to Grow