Jar of Tainted Peanut Butter Found In Idaho FallsFeb 21, 2007 | www.localnews8.com
It's Possible the First Case of Salmonella Peanut Butter Poisoning has Landed in Idaho
It's possible the first case of salmonella peanut butter poisoning has landed in Idaho.
At this point, the case is still a suspect case and has not been confirmed through lab tests, however, doctors say all signs point to an infected jar of peanut butter.
The patient went to Idaho Urgent Care, in Idaho Falls, with salmonella symptoms, Tuesday night.
A family member rushed home and brought in a jar of peanut butter similar to this one.
It's brand is Great Value, with and the product code that starts with 2111, which coincides with the recalled jars.
The patient, is an adult man from Shelley. He told the staff at Idaho Urgent Care that he bought the peanut butter at the Idaho Falls Wal-Mart on Utah Avenue.
Doctor Treating the Patient is Fairly Certain the Man has Salmonella Poisoning
The doctor treating the patient is fairly certain the man has salmonella poisoning, and after discovering he had a jar of the contaminated peanut butter, he sent the man to the hospital.
Now tests are being run at a state lab, if the case is found to be salmonella, there will be more tests to find out if it's the strain linked to peanut butter.
Symptoms of salmonella are fever, stomach cramping and diarrhea and they'll happen within three days of eating the bad peanut butter.
The recalled jars of peanut butter is peter pan or great value brands of peanut butter with product codes starting with 2-1-1-1.
If you go too long without treating salmonella, you could die from it's complications.
In fact, a lawsuit was filed in Pennsylvania alleging a woman died from the peanut butter.