Content approved by Jerry Parker
You may have heard about intellectual property in the news. There have been stories and reports about intellectual property and how it has been stolen from owners. This is a problem which has plagued individuals, small businesses, corporations and even governments. But what is intellectual property?
There are many different types of intellectual property, but it can be defined as a type of creation such as an invention or idea, that came from someone’s intellect. These are basically intangible assets that have great value to the individual, business, corporation or government.
- What is Intellectual Property?
- Intellectual Property Overview
- What is the Definition of Intellectual Property?
- Intellectual Property Law
- Intellectual Property and Information Law
As mentioned above, intellectual property can take the form of many different types. Intellectual property has generally been put into four major types. The main types of intellectual property are copyrights, patents, trade secrets, and trademarks. All of these types are based on ideas, where ownership of the original creation can be at issue.
- Types of Intellectual Property
- Guide to the Major Types of Intellectual Property
- Copyright in General FAQ
- Understanding the Various Types of Intellectual Property
- The Major Types of Intellectual Property
All of the types of intellectual property do have certain protections. By filing your idea with the government, you will have protection of your copyright, patent, trade secret and trademark. However, even though you file your ownership of the intellectual property, it can be the subject of legal action for ownership of the original idea.
- Protecting Intellectual Property in the United States
- Key Forms of Intellectual Protection
- An Overview of Intellectual Property Rights
- Types of Intellectual Property Rights and Protections
For more information on intellectual property and the legal aspects of ownership of ideas, we have gathered the following information for your review.
- Copyright and Other Intellectual Property Resources
- Intellectual Property Research
- Protect Your Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Enforcement
- Inventor and Entrepreneur Resources
- Intellectual Property Web Resources
- General Intellectual Property Resources
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation