PowerXL Juicers Recall: Approximately Half a Million Units Pulled After Multiple Injury Reports
Empower Brands is issuing a recall for 469,000 units of its PowerXL Self-Cleaning Juicers in the wake of numerous injury reports, including serious lacerations and the swallowing of small fragments, as per official statements.
The firm has logged 261 instances of the juicers breaking apart during operation, leading to 47 injury reports encompassing severe lacerations, need for stitches, bruising, and instances of individuals swallowing small fragments necessitating medical intervention, according to a Thursday news release by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
The CPSC urges consumers to cease the use of the recalled PowerXL Self-Cleaning Juicers immediately and get in touch with Empower Brands for a complete refund.
These juicers were retailed at Walmart, BJ’s Wholesale Club, CVS, Kohl’s, Marshall’s, Target, T.J. Maxx and various online outlets including Amazon from September 2020 through August 2022.
Empower Brands is proposing refunds to owners of the recalled juicers. The company has confirmed that the refunds will be provided in the form of prepaid virtual Visa cards or physical cards.
Which specific juicers are subject to recall?
The recall is targeting PowerXL Model SHL90-SC and model SHL96 Self-Cleaning Juicers.
Described by the CPSC as “countertop, brushed stainless steel, self-cleaning juicers equipped with an automatic shut-off mechanism,” these juicers have the PowerXL logo displayed on their front.
The location of the model numbers and UPC codes is at the base of the SHL96 model and on the rear of the SHL90-SC juicer.
How to Bring a Lawsuit Against the PowerX Manufacturer
If you have been injured as a result of using a PowerXL juicer, you might be considering taking legal action against the manufacturer. Here are general steps on how to proceed with a lawsuit:
- Document Your Case: Compile all relevant documents related to your injury and the defective product. This may include medical records, proof of purchase, and any communication with the manufacturer or seller.
- Consult with Our Attorneys: Schedule a consultation with a personal injury or product liability lawyer. These professionals specialize in cases where individuals are harmed by defective or dangerous products. They can provide legal advice tailored to your specific circumstances.
- Determine Liability: Your lawyer will help determine who is responsible for your injury. This could be the manufacturer, the retailer, or another party involved in the product’s distribution.
- Prepare Your Claim: Your lawyer will assist you in gathering evidence and building a strong case. This process may include finding expert witnesses, conducting depositions, and crafting legal arguments.
- File the Lawsuit: Once your case is ready, your lawyer will file the lawsuit with the appropriate court. The defendant (in this case, the PowerXL manufacturer) will receive a summons and a copy of your complaint.
- Negotiation & Trial: After the lawsuit is filed, both parties may enter into settlement negotiations. If a settlement can’t be reached, your case will go to trial. Your lawyer will present your case, and the decision will be in the hands of a judge or jury.
Please note, every case is unique and the actual process may vary. Legal procedures can be complex and time-consuming, so it’s important to have a knowledgeable and experienced lawyer guiding you through the process. Always consult with a lawyer for advice tailored to your specific circumstances.
This advice is intended to provide a general understanding of the process and does not constitute legal advice. Always consult with a professional attorney for legal advice.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Was your child tragically injured or killed due to a defective PowerXL juicer? Parker Waichman LLP helps families recover monetary compensation for harm caused by dangerous products. For your free consultation, contact our law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation