U Research Products Steam Humidifiers with ‘D’ Shaped Electrode Connector Wires Could Overheat and Spark a Fire
Certain models of steam humidifiers are being recalled due to a potential fire risk, initiated by Research Products. These steam humidifiers have a specific electrode wire with a ‘D’ shaped connector, which if loosened, could overheat or create arcing, presenting a fire danger.
Consumers are urged to stop using and deactivate the recalled humidifiers immediately and get in touch with Research Products. They will be provided with a free electrode wire repair kit and assistance in finding a qualified contractor for the replacement of their electrode connector wires, also at no cost.
The recall, made on June 22, 2023, affects about 36,200 units sold in the United States, along with an additional 3,800 units sold in Canada. For more details, consumers can contact Research Products toll-free at 888-742-2401 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit www.rpcrecall.com/steamhumidifier or www.researchproducts.com and click on “Recall Information” at the top of the page.
The recall pertains to Research Products Steam Humidifiers with ‘D’ shaped electrode connector wires, sold under several brand names including AprilAire, Coleman, Luxaire, Bryant, Carrier, and York. These steam humidifiers are generally installed alongside HVAC equipment as standalone units. A silver label on the outside left side panel of the Steam Humidifier, placed in the bottom left corner, indicates the model number.
Research Products has received 103 reports of these recalled humidifiers overheating, including 10 incidents that resulted in smoke or house fires, causing over $10 million in damage. The humidifiers were sold by HVAC contractors nationwide and online at various websites between June 2010 and January 2015. The price of installation ranged from $2,000 to $3,500.
The manufacturer, Research Products Corporation, is based in Madison, Wisconsin, and the units were produced in the United States. The recall number is 23-231.
Pursuing a Product Liability Lawsuit for Injuries and Burns Due to Recalled Steam Humidifiers
In the wake of a product recall such as the Research Products Steam Humidifiers, if you or a loved one have been harmed by one of these devices, you may be entitled to file a product liability lawsuit. The team at Parker Waichman LLP, renowned for their expertise in product liability law, stands ready to provide assistance in the following ways:
- Free Consultation: First, Parker Waichman offers a free, no-obligation consultation. They will evaluate the circumstances of your case, understand the nature of your injuries and help determine if you have a valid product liability claim.
- Gathering Evidence: If you decide to proceed, the firm will assist in gathering all necessary evidence. This includes medical records to show the extent of your injuries or burns, as well as proof of your purchase or use of the recalled humidifier.
- Proving Negligence: Parker Waichman’s experienced attorneys will work to establish negligence on the part of Research Products. They will demonstrate that the company failed in its duty of care by producing and selling a potentially hazardous product.
- Calculating Damages: The attorneys at Parker Waichman will help quantify the damages incurred due to the faulty product. This includes not only medical costs, but also loss of earnings, pain and suffering, and any other related expenses.
- Negotiating Settlements: The firm has a strong record of negotiating substantial settlements. If Research Products or its insurance company offers a settlement, your attorney will advise whether it is in your best interest to accept or if you should continue pursuing a higher award in court.
- Trial Advocacy: If your case goes to trial, the seasoned trial lawyers at Parker Waichman will provide expert representation, advocating passionately for your rights and for the maximum compensation you deserve.
Remember, you don’t have to navigate the complex landscape of a product liability lawsuit alone. Let the experienced team at Parker Waichman LLP guide you through this process. They are committed to securing the best possible outcome for your case.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP FOR A FREE CASE REVIEW
Parker Waichman LLP helps families recover monetary compensation for harm caused by dangerous products. For your free consultation, contact our national product liability law firm today by using our live chat or calling 1-800-YOUR-LAWYER (1-800-968-7529).
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation