Walker Edison Furniture has issued a recall for its Twin Over Twin Bunk Beds due to the risk of fall and impact hazards. The company has found that the wooden slats that support the beds can break while in use, which can cause the user to fall and sustain injuries.
The recall affects approximately 121,000 units that were sold in various colors and finishes, including black, cherry, espresso, gray, honey, natural, and white. The bunk beds have a ladder down the side and are labeled with the model name, “Walker Edison Furniture,” and “Made in Brazil” on the inside of the bed rail or footboard.
The recalled models include:
- BWSTOTBL: Solid Wood Bunk Bed – Black
- BWSTOTBL-TR: Solid Wood Twin over Twin Bunk Bed + Storage/Trundle Bed – Black
- BWSTOTCH: Twin over Twin Wood Bunk Bed – Cherry
- BWSTOTCH-TR: Solid Wood Twin over Twin Bunk Bed + Storage/Trundle Bed – Cherry
- BWSTOTES: Twin over Twin Wood Bunk Bed – Espresso
- BWSTOTES-TR: Solid Wood Twin over Twin Bunk Bed + Storage/Trundle Bed – Espresso
- BWSTOTGY: Solid Wood Bunk Bed – Gray
- BWSTOTGY-TR: Solid Wood Twin over Twin Bunk Bed + Storage/Trundle Bed – Gray
- BWSTOTHY: Wood Twin over Twin Bunk Bed – Honey
- BWSTOTHY-TR: Solid Wood Twin over Twin Bunk Bed + Storage/Trundle Bed – Honey
- BWSTOTNL: Wood Twin over Twin Bunk Bed – Natural
- BWSTOTNL-TR: Solid Wood Twin over Twin Bunk Bed + Storage/Trundle Bed – Natural
- BWSTOTWH: Twin over Twin Wood Bunk Bed – White
- BWSTOTWH-TR: Solid Wood Twin over Twin Bunk Bed + Storage/Trundle Bed – White
The bunk beds were sold online at various retailers, including Walmart.com, HomeDepot.com, Amazon.com, Overstock.com, and Wayfair.com, from February 2010 through February 2022 for between $206 and $389.
Consumers who have purchased the recalled bunk beds are advised to immediately stop using them and contact Walker Edison Furniture for a free repair kit. The repair kit includes 12 wooden slats and new instructions to prevent the risk of fall and impact hazards. The company is also contacting known purchasers directly.
The company has received reports of 14 incidents of the bunk bed slats breaking, including one report of minor injuries. No other incidents or injuries have been reported.
Consumers can contact Walker Edison Furniture by visiting the company’s website at walkeredison.com and click on “Recall Information” at the top of the page for more information.
This recall is being conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) and is listed under recall number 23-193. The CPSC is a government agency that works to protect the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with consumer products.
CONTACT PARKER WAICHMAN LLP TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
Don’t Let the Economic and Emotional Costs of a Bunk Bed Collapse Injury or Death of a Loved One Overwhelm You – Choose Parker Waichman LLP for Compassionate and Expert Legal Representation
If you or a loved one have been harmed by a bunk bed collapse, don’t wait another moment to seek justice. Parker Waichman LLP is here to help you hold those responsible accountable. Our experienced team of product liability attorneys will fight tirelessly for your rights and the compensation you deserve. We understand the devastating impact that these defective products can have on your life, and we are committed to helping you through this difficult time. Don’t suffer in silence – call us now at 1-800-YOURLAWYER (1-800-968-7529) for a free consultation and take the first step towards justice. With Parker Waichman LLP on your side, you can focus on your recovery while we fight for your legal rights.
New York | Brooklyn | Queens | Long Island | New Jersey | Florida
Call us at: 1-800-YOURLAWYER (800-968-7529) | Schedule your free consultation